You are here


Coffey County is a zoned county. Zoning is to promote the public health, safety , morals , comfort and general welfare.

We have zoning and subdivision regulations. The Zoning and Subdivision regulations are on file with the Zoning and Subdivision Administrator at the Highway Department, 1510 S. 6th Street, Burlington, KS 66839. Zoning permits are required.

The Planning Board meets once a month on the third Wednesday in the Courthouse.

Coffey County has a Sanitation Officer and Sanitary Code. Contact the County Health Department at (620) 364-8631.

Webpage last updated:  2016-10-21 14:17:01

Contact Information

Heidi Harris, Zoning & Subdivision Administrator

Highway Department
County Engineer's Office
1510 S 6th St
Burlington, KS 66839

Telephone: 620-364-2441 or 800-947-2897

Fax: 620-364-8271

Hours: Mon - Fri, 7 am - 3:30 pm